SVDU Rugged Mission Displays
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- SVDU-M PCAP Mission Display Product Sheet
- SVDU Resistive Touch Mission Display Product Sheet
- Case Study: Fully Integrated Ground Vehicle Computing and Video Solution
- White Paper: Modern Rugged Displays Give Operators Critical New Visibility
- White Paper: Projected Capacitive (PCAP) Touch Screens In Defense and Aerospace
- White Paper: Why Smart Video Displays May Not Be the Cleverest Choice
- Video Management Systems for Law Enforcement Applications
- Case Study: Managing High-Definition Video for a Police Surveillance Application
- White Paper: Characteristics of Quality Mission Displays
- High brightness; anytime readability
- Night vision compatibility
- Full touchscreen capability
- Single DVI input
- Highly configurable and field upgradeable
- Fully ruggedized and sealed unit
- Airborne (rotary and fixed wing)
- Civil (police, search and rescue) and military
- Naval and ground vehicles
Curtiss-Wrights AVDU range of rugged mission displays offers a unique combination of new technology, including optically-bonded glass and dual mode NVIS-compatible LED backlighting, and a rich...
Curtiss-Wright has decades of industry-leading experience developing reliable, rugged, mission displays for extreme environments and applications. To complement its AVDU (Advanced Video Display...
A growing challenge for system integrators is getting the most effective use out of the proliferating number of deployed cameras and displays without adding weight and taking up space, in an...
As modern land vehicles increasingly depend on the proliferation of cameras mounted on the vehicle to provide 360 degree situational awareness, the need for low cost, size, weight, and power...
Curtiss-Wrights SVDU range of rugged mission displays offers a unique combination of new technology, including optically-bonded glass, dual mode NVIS-compatible LED backlighting, and full touchscreen operation. Supporting a single DVI input and a USB touchscreen the SVDU range is the ideal companion to a mission computer.
The SVDU mission displays are currently available in six display sizes and resolutions, and two types of touchscreen panels, to address a wide variety of applications on ground, airborne and naval platforms. All the displays are fully qualified to established environmental standards.
The displays feature a DVI video input and USB interface on a highly rugged 38999 connector to provide a secure connection even in highvibration environments, with the added benefits of environmental protection offered by this type of connector.
Projected Capacitive Touchscreen Technology
The newest display in the SVDU range (SVDU-M) is a 7 inch display with a projected capacitive (PCAP) multi-touch panel. PCAP multipoint touchscreen technology enables operators to use familiar smartphone interface techniques to annotate, draw and manipulate screen images. In contrast, traditional resistive touch screens are only able to respond to the touch of a single finger. To learn more about PCAP read the white paper Projected Capacitive (PCAP) Touch Screens In Defense and Aerospace.
The displays offer market-leading daylight visibility by means of powerful LED backlights and optical bonding to reduce internal reflection and enhance contrast. The mission displays are suitable for use in conditions of high incident light including open cockpits.
Night Vision Goggle (NVG) compatibility to MIL-STD3009 NVIS B as standard. The display is fitted with a dual-LED light source including NVG-filtered LEDs at low levels for NVG operations. All front-panel LEDs and key backlighting are NVG-filtered. The brightness of the bezel lighting is controlled along with the brightness control of the display, but can be customized to connect to an aircraft lighting bus.
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.