UNS-Unattended Network Storage
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- White Paper: Choosing the Best Location for Your Data-At-Rest Encryption Technology
- White Paper: COTS Encryption for Data at Rest
- White Paper: Data-At-Rest Encryption: Data Threats and Protection
- Data-at-Rest Encryption Guide
- Case Study: A COTS Approach to Data-at-Rest Encryption Onboard an Unmanned Underwater Vehicle (UUV)
- Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Protection of top secret and below data
- Supports unattended operations
- 32 TB removable solid state memory
- 2 GB/s system throughput
- 4 x 10 GbE, 8 x 1 GbE ports
- NFS, CIFS, TFTP, iSCSI, PCAP
- Boot network clients with PXE and DHCP
- Deployed network file server
- Top secret and below data-at-rest
- Unattended vehicles: UAV, UUV, USV, UGV
- Mobile ISR system
The DTS1 is the embedded industry’s first commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) data-at-rest (DAR) network attached storage (NAS) solution that supports two layers of full disk encryption (FDE) in a...
See all of our MAE Innovator Award Winning Products here Modern aerospace and military ISR platforms, some incorporating hundreds of cameras and sensors, are generating an unprecedented amount...
Network Attached Storage for Unattended Operations
2019 MAE Innovators Silver Award Winner - read more
The Curtiss-Wright UNS (Unattended Network Storage) is a rugged network attached storage (NAS) system that supports industry-standard network storage protocols (NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, HTTP, and FTP) through four 10 GbE (Gigabit Ethernet) and eight 1 GbE ports. Trusted to protect critical data-at-rest (DAR), the UNS incorporates Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) encryption for unattended applications. With a 32 TB Removable Storage Module (RSM), the UNS is a leader in protecting classified DAR for transport between a base station and aircraft or other mobile vehicles. With no moving parts or air-pressure dependent components, the UNS operates in a broad range of harsh conditions. Additionally, it supports the Preboot eXecution Environment (PXE) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) in order to serve boot files to network clients, allowing designers to eliminate redundant client storage on the clients.
Data Protection for Unattended Applications
The UNS incorporates the ProtecD@R Multi-Platform Encryptor (KG-204) from General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS). In order to maintain a high system throughput, the UNS is designed to accomodate two KG-204 encryptors behind a secured panel. The incoming data is encrypted and then stored on the RSM.
The ProtectD@R Multi-Platform is the first DAR encryptor planned to be certified for unattended operations. This feature allows the encryptor to protect data while in unmanned environments such as unmanned underwater vehicles (UUV) or unmanned air vehicles (UAV).
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.