COM-8000 6U VME Unmanaged Layer 2 Ethernet Switch
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- COM-8000 VME Ethernet Switch Datasheet
- Case Study: MH-60R/S Seahawk Helicopters Take Flight with Rugged Switch Cards
- Rugged Design:
- 6U Conduction Cooled (IEEE 1101.2) VME w/ Aluminum Stiffener Plate, Wedgelocks, and Injector/Ejector Handles
- Conformally Coated, Conducted Cooled
- Extended Temperature Operation: -40 to +85C
- Designed to Meet MIL-STD-810G Environmental for Thermal, Shock, Vibration for Jet-Helo Profile
- Simple Network Installation:
- Auto-MDI/MDIX, Auto-Negotiation and Speed Auto-Sensing
- Non-Blocking, Layer 2 Unmanaged Ethernet Switch
- 16x 10/100 Fast Ethernet – VMEbus P2 Connector
- Optional 2x 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet – Front Panel RJ-45 or Locking Molex Connectors
- Special Order Options: 2x Gigabit Ethernet over VMEbus (P0 Connector); RS-232 Serial Console; RJ-45 or Molex Out-of Band 10/100 Ethernet Console; 4x Gigabit Ethernet Ports with Blocking Architecture
- Status Indication:
- Link Status and Speed Indicator Signals Brought out through P2 Connector
- Onboard LEDs for Duplex Mode
5-Port PC/104 10/100 Fast Ethernet Switch, Unmanaged The Parvus PRV-1059 is a rugged VLAN-capable 5-port PC/104 Fast Ethernet switch featuring very low power consumption and highly...
The Parvus SWI-22-10 is a rugged Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) Gigabit Ethernet switch card optimized for size, weight and power (SWaP) sensitive embedded military and civilian computer network...
This product is not recommended for new designs. Click here to see our newer VME switch, the VME-690. Enabling the vision of inter-networked heterogeneous military and aerospace systems in the...
Conduction Cooled, 16 Fast and 2 Gigabit Ethernet Ports
The COM-8000 is an ultra-rugged conduction-cooled 6U single-slot VME Ethernet Switch card compliant with IPv6 traffic and developed for command & control / situational awareness subsystems based on VMEbus architecture. Designed for continuous extended temperature operation over the range of -40 to +85C and MIL-STD-810G shock and vibration profiles per jet-helo aircraft conditions, the COM-8000 incorporates a reliable mechanical design with an integrated heatsink/ board stiffener, wedgelocks, and injector/ejector handles.
Featuring a non-blocking Ethernet switch architecture, the COM-8000 supports simple plug-and-play operation with auto-MDI-MDIX network installation for up to 18 computing devices. It comes standard in an unmanaged configuration with sixteen (16) 10/100 Fast Ethernet ports brought out through P2 VME user connector and optionally also two (2) 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet ports on the front panel available through either locking Molex headers or RJ-45 connectors.
The card integrates fully independent media access controllers (MACs), an embedded frame buffer memory, and a high-speed address lookup engine, along with support for auto-crossover, auto-polarity, autonegotiation, and bridge loop prevention.
This Commercial-Off-the-Shelf (COTS) card can also be custom ordered in configurations that support VITA 31.1 (switched fabric GigE over VMEbus) as well as onboard management over RS-232 Serial or outof- band 10/100 Ethernet with various firmware options for VLAN (portbased / 802.1Q tagged), Port Mirroring, Class of Service/ 802.1p Quality of Service, Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol, and/or Telnet Server.
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.